Instructors who wish to become PDRA Member-Instructors must follow this protocol and submit all required forms:
- Download the [New Instructor Information Packet] from this link.
- Contact one of the following members of the Instructor Committee based on the quarry you will most frequently be teaching at to set up an interview and review of the Instructor Candidate Checklist. Instructor Committee members are:
- American Quarry
- JMR Quarry
- Lake Norman Quarry
- In preparation for the instructor interview the Instructor candidate should bring or have available his/her entire New Instructor Packet filled so that the committee member giving the interview can check it and make sure it is complete. Complete package is:
- New Instructor Information Packet.
- Insurance policy or PDRA or PDRA Instructor Liability Responsibility Form. (NOTE TO ALL INSTRUCTORS: For insurance purposes, when adding PDRA as an additional insured, the official business address is: 1224 Sedgewood Lane, Lincolnton, NC 28092.)
- Copy of instructor “C” card.
- After receiving your interview and having you New Instructor Information Packet completed, Upload a scanned copy with all signatures in the required Online Application section for New Instructors.
- Personal Insurance Policy naming PDRA as an additional insured or Notarized PDRA Liability Responsibility Form attached to shop policy.
- Copy of instructor certification.
- New Instructor Information Packet
- Incomplete applications will be rejected and application will not be processed.
NOTE: By Order of the BOD 9/20/2009 Assistant Instructors and Divemasters must work under the direct supervision of an Authorized PDRA Instructor. There will be no autonomous instructing by Assistant Instructors or Dive Masters while on PDRA Property.